Pizza is a staple in many kitchens, and on a busy night after a stressful day of work, it may be easier to dial up the local pizza chain or go online and place an order. But we are here with an easy AND healthy recipe to get the perfect homemade pizza dough in less time than it takes for the delivery person to arrive.
You may have heard of the famous two-ingredient dough that became popular online during the pandemic – mix Greek yogourt and flour and you can make a number of things from breadsticks and bagels to you guessed, it pizza dough. We’ve taken that recipe and elevated it for the tastiest dough you’ve ever had (we are that confident)!
Here is what you need:
For the Dough:
- 2 cups of flour (Easily substitute with Gluten Free Flour if desired – we use Bob’s Red Mill 1 for 1 gluten free flour)
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Optional Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp of garlic
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of basil
- 2 cups of plain Greek yogurt
Pizza sauce (we keep it simple and use store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 475°F
- Mix all dry ingredients and seasonings in a bowl
- Mix in Greek yoghurt with a rubber spatula. If necessary, mix with clean hands to form dough. Dough will be sticky.
- On a well-floured surface, continue mixing dough until fully formed. Using a wine bottle (no judgement) or rolling pin, roll dough to a 1/4” thick. Transfer to well-floured baking sheet or pizza stone.Note: For Gluten-Free dough It may be easier to place on baking sheet first, then roll out.
- Once on baking sheet, continue pushing out towards edges. Roll edges inwards if a thick crust is preferred.
- Lightly oil edges of pizza for a crispy crust.
- Once oven is heated, cook dough for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add pizza sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Return to oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.(time may vary by oven)
- Remove from oven, let rest for a few minutes, then slice and enjoy!